We're looking for talented people like you to help us to build that platform!
Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
What if you could change Healthcare? Are you interested in building the platform that physicians, nurses, and other providers will use to improve patient care? Juxly is building that platform, and we're looking for talented people to help us to build it.
As a Senior Software Developer at Juxly, you'll be a major contributor by creating and supporting the services and applications of our platform. You'll use your expertise to solve challenging Healthcare problems, build tests, and create documentation to ensure compliance with specifications. You'll be a part of a team that interacts regularly with all aspects of the business, whether it be our founder and CEO, account managers, or marketing team members. Be ready to lead team projects, perform code reviews and participate in specification reviews.
About this Role
So, what does a Senior Software Engineer do at Juxly?
- Reviews current application requirements and contributes to programming objectives adhering to development standards.
- Tests and debugs code generated ensuring requirements and performance objectives are met.
- Leads in the development of projects, which may include one or more developers and external resources.
- Assists in resolving application functionality and performance issues.
- Investigates and recommends solutions to meet desired program functionality.
- Participates in application design and requirement review meetings.
- Reviews code generated by other developers ensuring requirements and development standards are met.
- Provides support for code releases.
- Relies on significant knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
This might be for you if...
- You can create production-level services and applications using Node.js.
- You are experienced working with databases within and outside of relational paradigms, e.g. MySQL, MongoDB.
- You have a background in healthcare, especially working with interoperability methodologies both old and new (HL7, FHIR, etc.).
- You love difficult problems and have sharp intuition for how to build software.
- You care about the business and can balance craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a great listener and love to collaborate.
- You have experience as a Software Engineer in a team setting that included other departmental players.
- You know when tools like Redis should be used.
- You've spent a fair amount of time using ElasticSearch, building indexes, refining queries, and have some strong opinions about how it should be used.
- You probably have Docker (or similar) installed on your computer, and regularly use containers.
Some things that may help you outshine other candidates!
- You also have experience building client-side applications in Angular, Vue, or similar frameworks.
- You're familiar with container orchestration tools (rancher, docker swarm, K8s).
- You've worked with cloud service solutions, especially AWS. You know what platforms make available and how to best leverage their offerings.
- You enjoy working in the data layer, creating performant transactions and optimizing solutions to meet business needs.
- You have experience tackling data exchange problems in healthcare. This could be working for EHRs, HIEs, or any company involved in the flow of data to support provider and/or patient workflows.
What to Expect
- We can’t wait to read your resume and get to know you! Let us know what excites you about being a Senior Software Engineer at Juxly and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- If you seem like a good fit, we’ll have you complete a brief technical test project with one of our teammates.
- We’ll let you know how things went and you'll be invited to a team interview! We will let you meet the whole team so you can get to know everyone. We'll also have some questions to further assess your technical expertise and experience.
- If we think you're the candidate we're looking for, we'll send you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
What benefits can I expect?
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- New Laptop/equipment of your choice.
- An Open PTO Policy.
- Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- We're based in Springfield Missouri and proud of our community. But we understand that the right team member might live elsewhere. We have lots of team members working remotely, and have no problems with the right candidate working remotely.